Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Skinny On Shorts

If you read this blog you already know my take on short films, but, if you are going to make one... Make It Short!

In my youtubeing I have found countless "one trick pony's" that have no clue when to quit. I know that most people are amatures on the tube but if you are going to make something for the web, less is more.

Two minutes or less. You can even go two and a half but no more. Get in, do your thing and get out. You don't want to hang around after a prostate exam and some of these shorts are a pain in the ass.

If you are making a comedy, make it funny. A thriller, make me jump. A drama, have emotion. I know that these are crazy things to ask but achieve your objective.

And yes you can do it in two minutes. I found this in five minutes of youtube searching.



Simple and effective. One concept, executed.

No comments: